Atherton Twins new routine

Started by Nick Van Bockxmeer, November 27, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,574 Views

Nick Van Bockxmeer

Kevin and Andrew Atherton have performed the aerial straps act in Cirque du Soleil's Varekai since its creation in 2002. They are leaving the show at the end of this year and working on a new creation with CDS.

Here is a video of them performing a duo balance act, that is most likely the new act they are working on. looking forward to seeing the finished product.

1jqicZ3mDSo

and if you haven't seen it, here is their straps routine from varekai

EOMlmcZGCRk

Ido Portal

Actualy, this is a very weak routine... Beginners stuff. They will have to work a lot harder if they want to perform the transition into this new field.

The old school artistic work is also not my cup of tea, to say the least.

I guess the cirque likes the 'twin effect' enough to let them go on stage with such a thing.

Ido.

Ryan Libke

As a beginner, I was impressed with the routine, but I have seen some circus duo routines that really amazed me. I think "sport acrobatics" looks fun; I am trying to convince my wife to do some basic moves together with me. So far, no luck. :cry: However, the kids are game. For me, I like learning the principles of leverage in relating to another person. I did judo and bjj back in my youth, which is learning to use leverage in a much different way! This is more cooperative.

jl5555
Wolf with one Ear said:
....I think "sport acrobatics" looks fun; I am trying to convince my wife to do some basic moves together with me. So far, no luck. :cry: ......

Try showing her some Youtube partner yoga videos. Women seem to respond more positively when the word "yoga" is used to describe physical activity when it is effectively the same moves...

Ortprod

Man, I can definitely appreciate the effort but I have to agree with Ido (not that I am even close to the same skill level). It was entertaining but not as impressive as other acrobatic acts I have seen.