This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3

Started by Jochen Friedrich, June 22, 2016 · 36 Replies · 550 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

I agree with Petri on this one. Watch your core lose it shape as you begin to come down. I have the same problem when I do it as well. I have been trying to focus on getting into the starting position and maintain it, leading with the hips to ensure that my core doesn't break at all. Not sure if this is right but these are the cues I keep telling my self.

Jochen Friedrich

Thank you guys- did it without engaging the core too much - feel it causes less piking and allows me to bring my hips down along with my chest. Is this the position?

 

Petri Widsten

It's closer, Jochen, but imo you should get your hips all the way to the floor. At the bottom you should have a horizontal line from your chin to your chest and hips. If I'm being too strict let's have the coaches call me out☺

Jochen Friedrich

i thought i shouldn´t touch the ground with the hips - when i watch the additional explanations in the video the lady looks a little bit piked. That´s what confuses me a little bit

 

Screenshot 2016-07-24 09.45.14.jpg

Jochen Friedrich

This is a flatter version - but doesn´t show the little pike that the lady above shows. But still not touching the floor with the hips 

 

Jeremy Aldridge
1 hour ago, Jochen Friedrich said:

i thought i shouldn´t touch the ground with the hips - when i watch the additional explanations in the video the lady looks a little bit piked. That´s what confuses me a little bit

 

Screenshot 2016-07-24 09.45.14.jpg

Are you on PE2 or 3? This is the video for 2, so that may be where your confusion is coming in. On PE 3 you start in your current position until you have rolled onto the top of the feet. This will cause more on an incline. At this point you maintain this lean by leading with the hips keeping the core engaged. I don't see how you could get the proper lean for PE 3 without being on the tops of your feet. IMO it completely changes the dynamics of the movement once you shift your weight forward.

Jochen Friedrich

i did go back to PE2 to make sure i get the perfect form dialed in @Jeremy Aldridge

Jeremy Aldridge

If those last videos are of PE 2 I think it looks good, but I am no coach LOL!

Jochen Friedrich

Yes, they are PE 2 - when i have perfect form for PE 2 i will check mastery for PE 2, again, before getting back to PE 3

Petri Widsten
8 hours ago, Jeremy Aldridge said:

If those last videos are of PE 2 I think it looks good, but I am no coach LOL!

The last one looks good to me as well.

Alessandro Mainente

From my point of view more protraction is needed at the top and please keep feet together.

Jochen Friedrich

Okay, will try more protraction and stay on PE 2 - thank you Alessandro