an exercise which trains the biceps without the use of external weights.. is the one-arm chins the toughest? or back lever?
whats the toughest exercise for the biceps?
Started by halluites, November 24, 2009 · 11 Replies · 3,646 Views
Reverse Muscle-up, or the "Elevator."
maltese
back lever
press to maltese
back lever
press to .......... ![]()
In reverse MU is ROM for biceps just first half of ROM.
Gregor said:malteseback lever
press to maltese
back lever
press to ..........
In reverse MU is ROM for biceps just first half of ROM.
Sounds hard :shock:
slizzardman said:Reverse Muscle-up, or the "Elevator."
Looks more like the exercise hits triceps when the movement gets hard.. the first part of the exercise is biceps, but that is easy.. am i missing something?
halluites said:an exercise which trains the biceps without the use of external weights.. is the one-arm chins the toughest? or back lever?
OAP is the best but incredibly hard, wide arm pullups are good to begin with.
Back lever is easy and don't train biceps so much.
If you can curl yourself from inverted hang to shoulder stand with no spotting, you are the man. Can you? That is what the first half of a reverse muscle up is. OAC is really tough too. I'm not actually sure which one specifically takes the bicep more, though I'd be willing to believe it is the OAC due to forearm rotation and greater instability.
Gregor said:malteseback lever
press to maltese
back lever
press to ..........
In reverse MU is ROM for biceps just first half of ROM.
Jesus. That's just wrong! :lol ![]()
I think we're referring to what us mortals can do, Gregor ![]()
slizzardman said:Gregor said:malteseback lever
press to maltese
back lever
press to ..........
In reverse MU is ROM for biceps just first half of ROM.
Jesus. That's just wrong! :lol
I think we're referring to what us mortals can do, Gregor
![]()
yeah, and as far as mortals go I would like to see someone do some of the other curling variations.
like dip
back lever
curl
dip.
I mean i'm sure its possible, but for someone who isn't a pro gymnast I think that would be awesome.
See, before my elbows hurt so much I could do about two thirds of the curl from back lever to dip. That probably didn't help my elbows ![]()
Gregor said:maltese back lever press to maltese back lever press to ..........
Yes, maltese variations are some of the most demanding exercises on the biceps.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer