Which courses to start with

Started by Steve McKenna, June 6, 2016 · 3 Replies · 1,944 Views

Steve McKenna

I'm currently in my final week of Fundamentals and also working on Handstand One.  I'd like to keep moving ahead and working on Handstand One alone will not be enough for me.  Would I be better to start working on Foundations or Rings next?  Not sure if there is a generic answer to how this is designed to flow.  Also, what is the difference between the Foundations and the Pro +?  I didn't really see a description on the site, I'm guessing its on a page I didn't find.

Thanks!

Steve

Jon Douglas

Foundations is the next course for you :) it covers basic strength, mobility, and joint prep. Completing that level of strength and prep is pre -requisite for Rings, which is an intermediate- to-advanced course.

You can also train Handstand 1 and/or 2 alongside it, but it sounds like you already have H1, and moving to press handstand work is best done after completing the H1 PEs and having a nice easy 30s handstand to work on pressing to/from :)

Steve McKenna

Perfect, thanks!  

 

One more question: I'm working on my HS PE1 and finding this to be very easy so far.  Can I jump to test mastery and see if that is achievable?  I believe it is quite easily.  

Thanks!

Leonhard Krahé

Test mastery for both PE and iM, record yourself and post the video for evaluation - often, the coaches or other forum members will still point out something to improve that you yourself previously missed completely.