Hi. I have been playing around with the planche and front lever progression for a while now. Well I have finally read the entire Building the Gymnastic Body book. Now I am ready to start my *New* and *First* cycle of many to come. Now I don't know what I am doing wrong, if I am doing too much or doing too little. Can you guys help me out and point some stuff out to me and even give me some advice to reach my goals efficiently.
Well my goals are basically to master and advance all of the basic static holds except the manna. My *MAIN* focus here is reaching a full planche. I can feel I am so close to it now. Then the front lever, the L-sit and the Straddle-L. My only problem with the L-sit is that I can not lift myself off the ground. So I can only do it on an elevated surface. I don' know if it is because my core is not strong enough or that my tricep strength is not strong enough. Can anyone help me with that?
So here is my routine. I planned to have a 4 day routine but I ran out of different variations to so unless I can get more ideas. I can only stick with 3 day routine. My plan is to have a different variation of push, pull legs and core each workout with static holds at the end of every workout. I use superset where I can.
Static Holds:
Flat Tucked Planche x 7 sec. x 9 _ 1 min. rest
Flat Tucked Front Lever x 6sec. x 10 _ 1 min rest
L-sit Adv. x 7 sec. x 9 _ 1 min. rest
Straddle-L PB Low x 6 sec. x 10 _ 1 min. rest
Day 1
Flat Tucked Front Lever Rows 3X3 _ 3 min. rest (push)
Flat Tucked Planche Pushups 3x3 _ 3 min. rest (pull)
SLS(No show, just socks. Makes it way harder! And also slow on the negatives) 3x3 _ 3 min. rest (legs)
HLL-Half 3x10 _ 1 min. rest (core)
I'm thinking about changing the HLL-Half to HLL-V to L in my next work so I can keep my rep range inbetween 3-5.
Day 2
Assisted OAC 3X3 _ 3 min. rest
HeSPU(Negative Emphasis!) 3x3 _ 3 min. rest
Natural Leg Curls (Glutes-Hamstring- Curls) 3x3 _ 3 min. rest
Body Lever 3x3 _ 3 min. rest
Day 3
Psuedo Planche Pushups(Hands Backwards) 3x3 _ 3 min. rest (push)
TOPs Pulls {Reps and Sets Undertermined. Recently added to routine} (pull)
Front Lever Pulls(Adv. Tucked)-Half------Probably 3reps of 3 set with 3 minutes of rest. Recently added also. (pull)
SLS- Jumping 3x3 3 min. rest
Back Pull-Half 3x3 _ 3 min. rest. Recently changed (core)
So how am I doing?????