Progression question

Started by Wouter Molenaar, May 31, 2016 · 2 Replies · 1,749 Views

Wouter Molenaar

I have a question about progressions.

I did crossfit and fitness for a few years like a lot of people in the forum so I have some strenght in my arms and shoulders. Mobility is a big issue but I'm working on it.

When I'm doing the progessions I am sometimes stuck for a few weeks on one element because of a mobility limitation (wrists, hip, shoulder extension). When the mobility gets better I'm able to progress in one swoop for like 4/5 steps because of the strenght I have. Should I do this or intentionally keep hanging for a week on each progression? Second question, if I skip the steps (because I can do the progressions at master level) should I also skip the mobility work (because this also progresses) or just see if I get stuck at some point?

 

Thanks for the answer!

Oussama KHELLADI
On 5/31/2016 at 2:22 PM, Wouter Molenaar said:

 

 Second question, if I skip the steps (because I can do the progressions at master level) should I also skip the mobility work (because this also progresses) or just see if I get stuck at some point?

 

Thanks for the answer!

i did same as you first but i found some difficulties in some progressions so i decided to master every progression with its mobility and then move on and its working great (for example i can do rope climb with L sit for 2 meters but i decided to go with the pullups progressions and variete so i assure that i am ready and strong for the rope climbing progressions )

Wouter Molenaar

Thanks, I decided to go back to make sure the mobility work does not get overlooked and is at the same level.