F1 and GBpro

Started by Mike Connor, May 26, 2016 · 0 Replies · 1,508 Views

Mike Connor

I'm starting from scratch and an older guy s/p L shoulder surgery (SLAP, Bicep tenodesis, subacromial decompression, and distal clavicle excision). I was really diligent about PT after surgery (it's now been 9 months) and I want to start this program off right.  I heard @Coach Sommer discuss the 1 mobility exercise between reps of PE during F1, but wanted to ask about weightlifting.  I still enjoy squatting and deadlifting.  Is this ok?  Should I keep the weights lighter?  I'm a reasonably strong guy and just don't want to slow my progress with the gymnastics training.  I just turned 40 and I'm finally getting around to training this after making excuses all my life.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  One more thing- how would anyone suggest I integrate the handstand training with the F1?  

 

Thanks,

Mike