Completely and utterly new to any real exercise program

Started by Brad McDonald, May 22, 2016 · 2 Replies · 1,631 Views

Brad McDonald

Hi all,

I've been looking at the GST Foundation course for a couple of weeks and I'd love to talk to someone who has started the GST course from a very low fitness level. I see a lot of people on here that are starting out that have done Tae Kwon Do or something else. Apart from a bit of yoga and a brief run at some weight training, I've done virtually nothing. I'm 42, about 20kg overweight and not very fit; I'm based in Brisbane, Australia, so I don't think I have access to an affiliate either. GST sounds like a sensible and long-term investment in getting to know my body and extending my life span, but I'm worried that the entry level might be a bit intense for me.  If anyone who started out somewhere near me is willing, I'd really like to talk to you about your experiences via Skype or something like that.

Thanks!

Brad

Coach Sommer

Hi Brad,

If someone has a moderate physical base they may jump directly into Foundation.  However in your case, I would recommend beginning with Fundamentals first and the seguing into Foundation after.  

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/training/

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Brad McDonald

Thanks Coach Sommer!

I think that's actually what I meant, I got confused between the two. I'd still love to talk to someone who's been through the Fundamentals course (not Foundation...).