Hey guys I have a question but first I'll give a little bit of background.
I'm 33 and I spent most of my 20s as a zombie playing video games. At 28 I started doing barbell based lifting. At 29 I found rock climbing, which has been my primary hobby ever since. I have continued to lift on and off but over the last year I've focused most of my cross training on body weight.
A while back my girlfriend, who coaches gymnastics, introduced me to the concept of the straddle planche. I could immediately move into the tuck position and after about 2 weeks was able to do a bent arm straddle planche. It didn't take too long after that to get to a 10 second slightly bent arm sPL. I have slowly progressed closer towards straight arm but haven't been able to lock out completely due to poor range of motion. My Front Lever is similar, I can hold for 10 seconds but my arms don't completely lock out.
I just started F1, Hs1 and the stretch series this week. I realize I need to focus on Range of Motion and that is my main priority.
The question is should I continue to practice those skills in addition to the Foundation series, or should I stop and focus exclusively on progressing back at the pace set in the curriculum?