Hi,
I am Abhinav, M, 31, 62Kg, from Bhopal, India. Have been playing sports till 10 yrs ago. Nothing after that.
4 months ago, bought the book and rings . I was fascinated by the things coach said. Sadly, no one pursues gymnastics around here. Started with static holds. I am gaining muscle strength. ![]()
Now I want to do a routine with FSP and FBE and thanks to many topics in this forum and reading the book, have designed a program, 4day per week, 90 min per day.
I am stuck at warm up and cool down. ![]()
I do a little warm up
-->5 min jogging
--> Joint rotations
-->static stretch pikes/straddle, etc (http://www.ehow.com/video_2360445_do-straddle-stretch-gymnastics.html)
(Thomas Kurz's says its wrong http://www.stadion.com/column_stretch12.html) Want a second opinion on this
don't know how to do Cool down .
I have gone through the forum 'Joint Preparation and Flexibility work', topic 'Designing a stretching program:'
link: http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1346.
It helps, but it seems more for someone practicing martial arts or other sport. I am sticking to Gymnastics given in the book only.
Please guide me on :
1) Warmup sequence (Jogging--> Rotation--> stretch) or (rotation-->jogging--> stretch )
2) Static stretching should be done or not
3) How to do cool down
Once again , thanks to coach for the wonderful book.