Hi,
I'm another Tim Ferris listener. Great podcast!
I'm 53 yrs with a desk job. Have always participated in sports and been very regular in the gym. Did crossfit regular from 2009 to late 2014 and am back in a regular gym now, traditional lifting, yoga and swimming. I surf, kitesurf and snowboard but those are weekend or vacation/destination activities. Did a sprint triathlon about a month ago and would like to do more of those.
My flexibility and mobility although not horrible, is in need of a lot of work. I've had low back issues over the years which flares up periodically, never had surgery but MRI's have shown bulging and ruptured disks (L4-L5, L5-S1) in years past. The past 5 years has been pretty good but still get flare-ups. I never let it stop me though, I find it is best to keep moving. When it bothers me I'll increase the yoga and swimming, cut out the squats.
My goal is to address the chronic issues (mainly my back) and increase flexibility/mobility/strength for the long term so I can continue to do the things I like for many years to come. I'm planning to purchase the Fundamentals/F1 Pro+ package for starters. Want to get to the Handstand programs eventually and have a few questions:
1) Will the low back problems be an issue for me? Can I work through this? Should this alter my approach in anyway?
2) What about the stretch programs? They have no prerequisites to do on their own and are co-requisites with H1 and H2. How much benefit would there be to doing the Stretch program along with F1? Would this be recommended in some cases?
Thanks
Tony