New and a few questions

Started by Anthony Lumaban, May 16, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,419 Views

Anthony Lumaban

Hello, I'm very excited to start the program and I'm planning to buy the Foundation1/Handstand1 programs (I bought movement, Tumbling 1 already...) 

 

I have a few questions before I start though... 

I've been weightlifting for the past 6 months [I'm up to 245 for my squats :)], but I may have to stop vigorous weight lifting once I start F1. However I would still like to work on my legs, i.e. Would I have time to do a gym "leg day" during F1? 

 

Also, I'm lucky enough to have a "capoeria" gym near me and I'm considering joining. It is a form of martial arts which focuses on acrobatic movement, mostly for show. I'm afraid I'm not near the level of athletic strength to even start it though, and I was wondering if F1 would synergize well with it. 

 

Thanks for reading :)

Chris Vanwell

I have several years of Capoeira training and you don't need to be at a high level of athletic strength to join a Capoeira class, but I would recommend Handstand 1 if you plan on pursuing Capoeira as there is a lot of hand balancing and it's probably easier to learn the Gymnastic Bodies way than in class where it's likely to be a trial by error approach.  Capoeira is more endurance than strength.