Tim Ferriss Pod Cast had me wondering .....

Started by Kevin Easton, May 16, 2016 · 8 Replies · 3,195 Views

Kevin Easton

 

I listen to pod cast over music most of the time.  Typically it's the Joe Rogan Experience if he has MMA fighters, trainers, or BJJ practitioners on.  In a 3 hour pod cast I usually find 40-50% of it interesting.  The three hour pod cast feels like it's 3 hours.

I listened to the Tim Ferriss Podcast with Chris Sommer and the three hours flew by. 

It was the first time I was disappointed when a pod cast was over.  I find GST so interesting and with a little Foundations 1 under my belt I am able to put alot of things into perspective that is discussed in the pod cast.

A lot of people said this was the best pod cast with Coach Sommer.

Tim Ferriss Pod Cast had me wondering if there is a master list compiled somewhere with all of Coach Sommer pod casts?

If not, what are some of your favorites I can check out?  I feel like there is alot of good stuff out there I need to listen to. 

Barry Johnston

I'm the same as you Kev, easily one of the best podcasts I've listened too.  I just finished up listening to the Barbell Shrugged one this evening, you can watch the video on youtube.  It covers a lot of the same stuff as the Tim Ferriss one but its still great to listen to.

These are podcasts I'm going to listen to again and again over time as I learn more about GST and my own body.

Ronnicky Roy

Same lol. Commented on the facebook page talking about just that after listening lol. It's cool to feel like you're in the room with these guys, with the wealth of knowledge.

William McGowen

I enjoyed the podcast. I did read the interview with Coach Sommer at T-Nation, but that was 2004, and while I found it interesting, the podcast made me think of some issues I've been dealing with, and realize this could be what I was looking for.

I often listen to podcasts at 1½ speed. So a 3 hour podcast can be listened to in 2. And if I want to listen again, than I have reinforced the information in only 4 hours instead of 6. I will slow it down if a voice just isn't conductive to the increased speed, but that's rare.

João Pedro Pereira Pereira

I was already following GB on Facebook but the Tim's podcast was what made me join this forum :) Tim has that talent to ask the right questions and he's well informed about his guests. 

Kevin Easton

If Coach Sommer can get on with Joe Rogan that would be some serious exposure. 

 

Joe is an athlete, I'm sure he would have a really good chat with Coach Sommer.  

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
3 hours ago, Kevin Easton said:

If Coach Sommer can get on with Joe Rogan that would be some serious exposure. 

 

Joe is an athlete, I'm sure he would have a really good chat with Coach Sommer.  

In due time I imagine. There are QUITE a lot of new heads in GB as if late, which is great. But the GB team likes to do things at their own speed and enforce quality over quantity. I'm sure a Joe Rogan interview is in the works down the road or even London Real, but I think it'll be some time yet. 

William Marler

I loved the podcast... Coach Sommer knows his shit (obvious statement is obvious).