Hi All,
I have some questions before I dive in. My main goal is to strengthen the connective tissue in my joints and get my body working correctly again. I had tendonitis is both knees and elbows and it took me out for about 2 years. I'm 90% better now, but I'm done with that BS.
I'd like to be able to safely strengthen my body, run, hike, etc. I'm totally fine with it taking years to get there. It's not like I have other places to be.
I've been told to start on Fundamentals and Foundation1.
My questions:
1) I've read I'll need this - a dowel, some free weight plates (1.25, 2.5, 5, 10), some dumbbells from 5-25lbs, a set of gymnastic rings, a place to hang said rings, a pullup bar, a place to do dips, yoga blocks, a yoga strap, a stretch strap, a swiss 'balance' ball, and resistance/bungee cord bands, that'll cover most everything.
I can get most of that right now, but the rings and pullup bar might be a bit harder for me to get. My gym is very tiny.
Do I need that full list of gear to start with Fundamentals and Foundation1? I can probably find a solution but it might take time.
2) Foundation looks insanely hard. Beginners, I'm a 32 year old female can really work up to doing all those poses/holds? It must take months? Years? I'm just curious. It looks impossible. I mean, I'm totally game to try, but damn.
Thanks!