The Newbie Questions

Started by A C, May 12, 2016 · 2 Replies · 1,647 Views

A C

G'day all

 

Another newbie question. I'm 49yo and still lead a pretty athletic lifestyle in BJJ. In the last 6 months I've found that bodyweight gymnastic style training is where I'd like to go. Had many serious injuries (ruptured pec, ACL, Achilles and AC joint) but surgically repaired and still 'functional'. Mobility and flexibility is becoming an issue. The 'stiff old guy' thing. GST looks like a winner for me. I appreciate that I need to start at the very, very basic level as I've not been exposed to this type of specific training before. Should I start with the Foundations program, or one of the Stretch programs to begin with before I start Foundations?

 

Many thanks

Guest

I'm very new here myself, but I believe you can start foundation and the stretch program together. For the stretch series, you can choose one which you feel you are most restricted in terms of mobility. Or maybe just start all of the stretch programs :P

Eva Pelegrin
2 hours ago, A C said:

and still 'functional'.

Love that remark and thanks for sharing your background. 

I suggest you look at Fundamentals (before Foundations). Listen to what Coach has to say below.

Many forum members started with Foundations, myself included, because Fundamentals didn't exist. It was just introduced this past Monday! I'm sure many are considering taking that step now.

The best place to start is at the beginning. :D