I am totally new to this gymnastics stuff but am ready to jump right in. I am more of a lifter but will be stopping that to cut weight and work more body weight workouts as I am a martial artist and know this will help a lot. My question is this. I don't have a gym to work in, but we just built a new martial arts school. I am thinking of getting rings to work with. I would primary use them to do pull ups,chin ups, dips and to work on l sits and really just basic stuff. would this be a good idea? I don't have anywhere that I can get on a bar and do any kind of back levers either. Thanks in advance
Can rings be used for starting out?
Started by St.Michael, November 9, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,112 Views
If you have a set of rings, you won't really need a bar. A bar is nice for some of the progressions, besides hanging leg lift; but rings will do fine.
Getting rings and working out with them is a good idea. Doing pullups isn't really any different but you'll find support work is more trying than on a set of dip bars. L-sits get harder too.