This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLPE1/iM

Started by Jason Berger, April 25, 2016 · 4 Replies · 103 Views

Jason Berger

So I'm about ready to make a run for the next level.

I have a kyphotic back and the part of the cat cow where you curl your spine around a ball has always been problematic for me. I'm doing this cold and you'll see the first rep is pretty inflexible, which is pretty much how I was when I started GST, but you'll see more flexibility in the last rep. I'm always open to anyone with some tips or links on fixing this. My progress has been slooooooow, even with physio and GST.

Ryan Reynolds

Hey Jason I've seen several form checks lately where @Cole Dano has been correcting members who are going to high on this PE.  I think you are in this camp. 

Cole Dano

Actually in Jason's case he looks fine where he is. The way I asses if it's too high or not is to look at the border between the lumbar and thoracic spine. This should remain on the floor, with the shoulder blades off the floor.

In the case of kyphosis it's possible to look a little higher up, due to the curvature of the spine. Nothing wrong with this, the important thing is to work the mobility in the opposite direction in conjunction, vis a vie cat cows etc....

Ryan Reynolds

LOL maybe I will just be quiet.

Cole Dano

No worries Ryan.

If you check out this form check FL PE1 + IM and watch carefully you'll see an example of being right on the limit and them popping up past it. Maybe that will help.