Hi, I have about 4 weeks of f1 and so far so good, the only one I have a really hard time is sls/pe1. I haven't really made any progress I can't do one correctly without opening the legs to wide while going up or by leverage my self by pulling with my arm to my knees. Incorrectly I can do a lot but I guess that's not the point, So any advice is greatly appreciated!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Recomendation for sls/pe1
Started by Rodrigo Miguel Ojeda Mota, April 5, 2016 · 5 Replies · 183 Views
Hi Rodrigo,
Have moved your post here to the Foundation 1 forum. Deck squats are great for highlighting mobility deficits in the legs. Full ankle, knee and hip flexion are needed for a smooth transition from the tuck and roll phase to standing.
Most likely it will be short achilles tendons and calf muscles limiting your range of ankle dorsiflexion.
It is best that you perform the deck squats onto a raised surface, such as several mats stacked up. You will need to find out what the minimum height is needed for you to complete reps with good form. Feet together, no use of arms or hands, Then slowly over the following weeks (maybe months) remove mats until you are able to complete reps onto the floor.
Keep it up!
Wes has covered it pretty thoroughly but posting a form check will help us point to something in particular for you to dial in on ![]()
Welcome Rodrigo
You might check out this thread regarding deck squats:
And maybe this one:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/18499-slspe1-alternative/
Good luck in your F1 journey.
Jon, Wesley and Craig; thanks for the advices and suggestions, I'll try a couple of weeks with the mats and if there is no improvement I will definitely ask for some form check! in the meantime I'll try to look more into the forums.
Thanks for taking time to write!
Hi Rodrigo,
Look at the athlete in the video. His legs are slightly apart, and he seems to use a bit of his momentum when rolling fwd (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong here) to get back up. Have you tried that?