Nearly every time I try to point my toes, I am getting cramps in my feet. Do you have an idea what can be done against it?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Cramps when pointing toes
Started by Nazim Kilic, April 4, 2016 · 10 Replies · 261 Views
you will get used to it
I haven't had a cramp during the three months of following GB's Thrive program.
Ville is correct. you will get used to it. It is muscles being used that are not accustomed to it. The more you do it and the stronger these little intrinsic muscles get, the less cramping you will get.
I was going to post this question till I tried stretching program, seems you have tense muscle there. Check Fs stretch. Goodluck.
Thanks for the replies. My diet is very good, and I am following the stretching program. Mobility-wise, I fall into the category "carved out of stone". Maybe that explains it.
Oddly enough, when I think about it, I have had this problem for years now. And I still don't understand WHY it is happening. I'm very curious to understand it.
There's an old post on this but very good nonetheless...
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13935-foot-cramp-in-ppp/
I actually get cramping in every single exercise session that I do when I point my toes......
Stretch your ankles muscles. GB stretch series for front split is perfectly adjusted for that.
Great - I will try that thanks!
For foot cramps you need to review your strength & mobility routine for your feet and massage your feet and lower body all the way up to your lower back looking for knots. The best resource I have found for strength & mobility routines is ballet class as their feet are in a class of their own. Not surprisingly, they also know the best massage tools for the calves, feet and toes. I use: http://flexistretcher.com/collections/massage-balls Personally, I can get foot cramps from issues in my feet, peroneal muscles or glutes. The basic routines from an introductory ballet class also help tremendously. In addition try to be barefoot more often, ideally walking on a beach with small stones.
Can you share any of those basic routines here David? :)