ego and failure

Started by proclus, March 10, 2016 · 8 Replies · 3,483 Views

proclus

hello my friends, i just want to share with you my journey with GST. I am 36 years old, former sprinter and gym rat basically pumping iron. I have descent level of bent arm and leg strength but never tried sas exercises. I purchased F1-4 and started work. In the begginig the exercises of F-1 and 2 found them very easy but just tried them not mastered them. So i gave a shot to F-3. for example i had the open planche 5X30sec and when i moved to the next element i was shocked and embarassed. I couldn t extend my leg. Additionally, i had pain in the elbow and shoulder joints when i finishing the exercise. I ran throught this situation for 5 months but i couldn t step forward. I realised tha ti had lack of tendon and core strength. I remembered what coach has stated: DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE TO DO AN EXERCISE UNLESS YOU DO IT SO. That whas a big lesson for me and i ve learn it with this way. The good thing is that i wasn t injured. So i started again from F1 and progress slowly

Eva Pelegrin

Thanks for sharing and welcome to F1. There's a bunch of us investing in F1. Think of if this way, you're not failing if you become successful at F1. Success breeds success. Cheers.

Oussama KHELLADI

Enjoy the journey my friend

Si Hoang

Hey Proclus,

I see you're a fellow resident of Cyprus. Glad to see you came to your senses and dialled it back before you got seriously injured. Good luck on your journey. There are many of us sharing the same one.

John Kiggundu
4 hours ago, proclus said:

In the begginig the exercises of F-1 and 2 found them very easy but just tried them not mastered them. So i gave a shot to F-3. for example i had the open planche 5X30sec and when i moved to the next element i was shocked and embarassed. I couldn t extend my leg. Additionally, i had pain in the elbow and shoulder joints when i finishing the exercise. I ran throught this situation for 5 months but i couldn t step forward. I realised tha ti had lack of tendon and core strength. I remembered what coach has stated: DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOU ARE CAPABLE TO DO AN EXERCISE UNLESS YOU DO IT SO. That whas a big lesson for me and i ve learn it with this way. The good thing is that i wasn t injured. So i started again from F1 and progress slowly

In GST "injury" doesn't necessarily mean tearing a muscle/ligament or breaking a bone; it deals mostly with having a chronically inflamed state in the connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, fascia) that is induced by trying to put more tension on your joints/ligaments/tendons than they can handle. Connective tissue injuries take forever to heal, and they tend to be what most people typically sustain when doing GST.

So without pretending to know more than you do about your situation, based on the very abbreviated synopsis you've shared above, I'd like to humbly suggest that you did indeed injure yourself.

 

Matias Arancibia

Sounds like me when i first started haha but that was many many many moons ago (17months since i started any kind of gymnastics training)

 

Same deal with the bicep tendons and shoulders.. now its sternum pains from what my mate (state gymnast) says as too much hollowback positions (planches.. 2hrs every day, 6 days) so now im back to machine back exercises so keep that in mind for the future!

Coach Sommer

2 hours a day/6 days a week of planches - and you somehow thought this was a good idea?  :facepalm:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chris Korovesis

 

On 10/3/2016 at 0:15 AM, John Kiggundu said:

In GST "injury" doesn't necessarily mean tearing a muscle/ligament or breaking a bone; it deals mostly with having a chronically inflamed state in the connective tissue (tendons, ligaments, fascia) that is induced by trying to put more tension on your joints/ligaments/tendons than they can handle. Connective tissue injuries take forever to heal, and they tend to be what most people typically sustain when doing GST.

So without pretending to know more than you do about your situation, based on the very abbreviated synopsis you've shared above, I'd like to humbly suggest that you did indeed injure yourself.

 

you have right John about that

Matias Arancibia
On 3/12/2016 at 10:52 PM, Coach Sommer said:

2 hours a day/6 days a week of planches - and you somehow thought this was a good idea?  :facepalm:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Yup, tell me about it haha 

 

Ive since dropped it to just 2-3 sessions of planches and the rest doing all other skills as well as more back work.