How should a gymnastic strength training?

Started by klops3style, October 23, 2009 · 7 Replies · 3,090 Views

klops3style

How should a Gymnastic Strength Training™ look? Please a reply.

Blairbob

Sort of depends on time and equipment constraints and goals besides experience level.

klops3style

E.g Typical training gymnast on strength. By turns what I do? Firstly warm up? Secondly ... ?

Felipe

warm up

joint prehab

stretching

conditioning or technique

strength

endurance

cooling down

Chris

I wouldn't say that conditioning should be done before strenght :P technique sure, but conditioning ?

Richard Duelley

I always do skills before conditioning/strength. When I say skills I mean I do things like handstand work (or other things that are not that physically taxing), I then move toward more strength oriented skills, like planche, back lever, press handstands, manna work etc. After a nice 5-10 min break I do ring strength/routines, and then I do my conditioning work (various movements from the book).

Chris

okay I dig :)

iyaites

You should consider looking at the WOD :D