Bump ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HSPE2 form check
Started by TobiasM, February 10, 2016 · 44 Replies · 870 Views
You're sitting in your lower back. Notice the arched shape of in the lower back, and slight pike in the hips.
Your going to want to take what you learned from hollow body holds and try to apply it here to straighten out your body line more.
Thank you for your guidance, Cole! Yes, I can differently see the arched shape in the lower back... I will work on that and report back in a couple of weeks :-)
Any comments on the iM?
Sorry, yes the iM isn't bad. It might help to try doing it looking in a mirror to help with the right left balance, and squeeze just that little bit more height out of it.
Tried to focus on a straigher line. What do you think? Any improvements?
Definitely some improvement but not quite there yet. You'll find that what we are woking on in HBP PE 1.5 is very closely related to this, and it's much easer for most people to figure out there and port over to this element.
I think your problem of partial piked hips is due to tigth rectus femoris. stretch it.
Here we go again.... What do you guys think? any improvement?
As always all comments is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Some stretching is needed. Are you stretching your hip flexors, psoas major in particular? It looks like that muscle (which mostly origins from the lower back) is pulling your spine into an arch due to it being relatively short. I think, with stretching, that the arch you have in your spine will fade naturally as you increase your flexibility.
On 20/04/2016 at 2:57 PM, Cole Dano said:Definitely some improvement but not quite there yet. You'll find that what we are woking on in HBP PE 1.5 is very closely related to this, and it's much easer for most people to figure out there and port over to this element.
What is HBP PE 1.5?
7 minutes ago, Matthew Hanham said:What is HBP PE 1.5?
Simply just HBP/PE1 but with the bar around knee level. Check this post out:
On 2/5/2016 at 3:04 PM, Alexander Egebak said:Some stretching is needed. Are you stretching your hip flexors, psoas major in particular? It looks like that muscle (which mostly origins from the lower back) is pulling your spine into an arch due to it being relatively short. I think, with stretching, that the arch you have in your spine will fade naturally as you increase your flexibility.
nope, haven't done any hip flexor stretch. definitely something i need to work on... :\
3 minutes ago, Tobias Magnussen said:
Simply just HBP/PE1 but with the bar around knee level. Check this post out:
Ta! Turns out then that I've been doing 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, currently on 1.4 ![]()
I've been stretching quite a lot latly. What do you guys think, any improvements?
Some more videos from todays session:
All comments is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Marked improvement on your body line Tobias, your ribs could still go back a hair, but this is now in the area that I would call passing. Great job!
On the iM, next time you post, add a side view as well, you can just turn in place. From behind it has all the markers of leaning forward a bit too much.
Thank you, @Cole Dano. So glad my headstand finally got accepted! Ahhh the pleasure of watching all theold videos of the process
However, I still got that damn iM to master before I'm able to move on to the next element. I made a new video after my workout 2day:
Ok, that's not bad at all.
I recommend you keep this (as well as the 1st iM) in your warm up for a good time to come, and focus on keeping your chest a touch more upright, but for me, I'd call this passing.
wow, thank you!!!! So excited about finally passing this element
I will definitely keep the iMs in my warmup and keep working on them....
Congrats Tobias!