How much of F1 could I do with a knee injury?

Started by sweng, February 9, 2016 · 11 Replies · 2,439 Views

sweng

As the title says, my left knee has a torn meniscus that I'm rehabbing right now, can't put too much pressure/bend it much; upper body is good to train!

 

Cheers all!

Mark Collins

Only one of the seven elements is leg strength so you can do most.

kesevar

If you can't stand in a plank / reversed plank position without pain, your options in other elements could also be limited.

Cole Dano

As mentioned above, some upper body work still involves using your legs for support, and some work will require you to tuck  your legs.

 

It depends a lot on where you are with your rehab as to when it's best to start. 

 

That said, we are here to help, so if you do have difficulties we can help sort them out.

sweng

I can hold the plank/reverse plank position, is that the average amount of work my legs would need to do for movements that require leg support?

Can't bend my knees so no tucking, but if I can do even half of the series then I'm happy.

Thanks!

Cole Dano

More than half for sure!

sweng
Cole Dano said:

More than half for sure!

Perfect, thank you :)

Ravn

If used carefully and diligently, the leg progressions are actually excellent rehabbing tools. Depends on the nature of your injury, of course, so consult with a professional.

sweng
Ravn said:

If used carefully and diligently, the leg progressions are actually excellent rehabbing tools. Depends on the nature of your injury, of course, so consult with a professional.

Under single leg squat?  I'll definitely keep that in mind, and will more than likely use it once I'm at a stage where I have more usage of my legs!

sweng

Are there a lot of usage of the legs in the handstand progressions (i.e. pushing off them to go against the wall)?  I purchased the F1 and now wondering whether I should also take the H1 to go with it.

Cole Dano

No so much in the early stage, but some exercises will need to be modified since they are done with bent knees. But they are easy mods that won't affect too much.

sweng

Got it, cheers :)!