Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to treat previously training

Nuno Duarte

Hi,

My name is Nuno and I am from Portugal.

I'm going to start foundation 1 course but I've done some training in calisthenics.

I got a pretty solid straddle back lever, l- sit, muscle up ( I think !

post-21130-0-24003900-1454283831_thumb.j

post-21130-0-01772800-1454283860_thumb.p

Joshua Slocum

Welcome, Nuno!

The philosophy of Foundation is that it is best to systematically identify and eliminate weaknesses. So even if you have previously attained some impressive skills, it's best to start from the beginning and test yourself. If your abilities are up to standard on a given exercise, jump ahead to the next one. If not, you've found something worth working on.

• Upvote 4

Hello, again!

Thank you for responding so fast!

Just one more question: should I keep train my attain skills?

Thanks a lot!,

Nuno Duarte.

Christian Nogueira

Start from the beginning and test yourself against the mastery standards on each exercise. Like Joshua said, if you don't pass you've found a weakness and a way to address it.

It doesn't mean that you're not allowed to play with the skills you have already attained, just treat it as the dessert after you've done your Foundation training,

The only thing is that you probably should lay off the back lever work till you master rope climbs as it's deceptive because it's easy in terms of strength but can be very hard on the biceps tendons. Some people can get away with it, some people develop tendinitis and some people will tear their bicep tendons, so in here it's usually programmed as intermediate ring strength after Foundation 4 is completed. 

• Upvote 2