I'm a first year wrestler in my junior year. Next year I will be a senior so that means I have to be the best on my team at a weight class if I want to compete because seniors can not wrestle in jv matches. So how I train in the off season is going to be important. (Just want to make it clear why i'm making a decision based on the short term instead of the long term.)
You guys have me convinced that GST is a better option than Barbell strength training for long term results,but there seems to be an emphasis on longterm,because of how much time it takes to learn the movements,strengthen tendons,and prepare joints with the foundations program.
I know that training with a barbell for 7-8 months (time I have in the off season) will produce a bigger stronger body,but I don't know what I can achieve after following the foundations program strictly for 7-8 months.
In a situation where the 7-8 month time period is being looked at can Foundations 1 results be better than results from barbell training ?
If I do foundations along with a martial art (hopefully wrestling,but it might be bjj or boxing) 2-3 times a week would my GST progress suffer? (With healthy food intake, 6-7 hours of sleep on week days,cantrast showers and other minute details like intra workout bcaa and fish oil supplementation)