Feet start heels together in 1st position (dance) with feet turned out 45 degrees. From there step or hurdle into/through lunge.
Correct Roundoff Form
Started by Seiji, October 16, 2009 · 36 Replies · 17,027 Views
Hahah, I feel like you're purposefully avoiding answering the question now.
The picture is showing the lunge.
1. Should the feet be touching the line during the lunge as well?
2. If the answer is yes and picture A were corrected to reflect that, would it then be right?
Well, unless you run straddle legged, then they would be closer to the line ![]()
If you were my gymnast and that lead leg does not step on the line, expect a short lecture, "Do it again-correctly" and defiance to such would probably turn in to you doing burpees.
Everything is on the line, except the second hand at times when tumbling. For Balance Beam however, that is not an option.
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about that when I made my version of the diagram.
Blairbob said:If you were my gymnast and that lead leg does not step on the line, expect a short lecture, "Do it again-correctly" and defiance to such would probably turn in to you doing burpees.Everything is on the line, except the second hand at times when tumbling. For Balance Beam however, that is not an option.
So everything is on the line, but "on the line" does not mean centered in the case of the lunge. I think I got it. Thanks!
Are there any female gymnasts on this site? Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any.
What now?
On a BB, you have 4 inches which is roughly the width of your foot.
I heard it was the Russians that were credited with training all tumbling, always on a line to perfect. Who knows, but I prefer it always instead of not on a line or through the diagonal.
Ok, I was just going off of when you said:
"The left foot stays just on the side of the left part of the line as does the right. If we stand with your feet on either side of a line, that imaginary line will bisect you from crotch to the top of your head."
So everything is on the line, but "on the line" does not mean centered in the case of the lunge.
Yes, correct. The inside of the foot touches the line. Well the heel does as the front part of the foot is generally turned out.
Ok, good. I'll be working my snapdowns and such and then be getting back to this. Thanks!