Critique my routine?

Started by qball, October 15, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,826 Views

qball

Hi guys, I'm sure you're all sick of critiquing routines, but here's mine, what should I add? take away? What do you guys think?

First off, I do:

Backlevers before Pulling variations,

Plance Progressions before Pressing variations

Frontlevers before Leg Variations

L-sit/Straddle L before Core Variations

And always Handstand work before the workout.

I workout Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Each day I do a different Pulling Variation, Pressing Variation, Leg Variation, and Core Variation

so it would look like:

Monday: Pull Ups XR Bulgarian (Pull)

XR Dips Bulgarian (Push)

One Leg Squats (Legs)

Hanging Leg Lifts (Abs)

Tuesday: Front Lever Rows (Pull)

Handstand Pushups (Push)

Calf Raises (Legs)

Windshield Wipers-Supine (Abs)

Friday: TOPs Pulls (Pull)

Pseudo Planche Pushups (Push)

Deck Squats (Legs)

Curl Ups (Abs)

So, what do you think? What do I need to do to perfect this?

Felipe

It is better doing first dynamic exercise than static ones, remember that

Blairbob

Not, if you want to be as successful in your statics compared to the dynamic/isokinetic elements. Statics just don't work well after FBE.

heinrich

What do you do for your hamstrings?

Kris Jenkins

Hi Qball.

unfortunately i can not critique your routine, but i do like it. I am looking for a routing myself and find yours intersting.

However, i am not familiar with the description you use for each movement, could you elaborate for me so i can try myself?

Thank you

Each day I do a different Pulling Variation, Pressing Variation, Leg Variation, and Core Variation

so it would look like:

Monday: Pull Ups XR Bulgarian (Pull)

XR Dips Bulgarian (Push)

One Leg Squats (Legs)

Hanging Leg Lifts (Abs)

Tuesday: Front Lever Rows (Pull) - sorry not sure what this is.

Handstand Pushups (Push)

Calf Raises (Legs)

Windshield Wipers-Supine (Abs) - these neither

Friday: TOPs Pulls (Pull) - please explain

Pseudo Planche Pushups (Push) - have an idea, but really not sure, can you elaborate?

Deck Squats (Legs) - how many, how many sets?

Curl Ups (Abs)

i posted earlier with the training i last did at the gymnasium, involed handstand press on paralette, upper arm dips, hanging leg raise and hold, twisted sit up - with knees on floor facing one direction, and squat leaps / step ups / quat jumps in foam pit.

thanks and good luck!

Blairbob

Heinrich, SLS will work the hamstrings to some degree. Differently than floor glute/ham or glute bridges though.