This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1

Started by traweaver, January 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 100 Views

traweaver

Just starting out here. I noticed in the demo video that the position of the head for a tripod/handstand the athlete is not balancing directly on top of the head but more on the forehead. My entire life I have always done a headstand as shown in the picture on the bottom. The middle one didn't feel poorly and resembles that of the demo. Does head position matter much in tripod and headstand or is it personal preferance?

Thank you!

Tracey

post-20614-0-10060600-1452959934_thumb.j

traweaver

I would love to hear from a GB Coach on the question i posted above. 

 

Coach Sommer... if you have a moment could you please chime in?

 

I am guessing the tripod/headstand is mainly to build core balance and strength in upper back, since handstands is the ultimate goal.

 

However, I would rather not guess, starting off.  ;)

 

THANK YOU!!!
Tracey

traweaver

Thanks.  I swear I searched for the answer before asking. haha  :facepalm: