Just need a quick look!

Started by jyzackoh, October 10, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,369 Views

jyzackoh

Hi guys, don't want to waste too much of your time cos i think you're sick and tired of answering "critique my routine" questions. Here's a routine I planned out which I'm going to do.

Everyday:

Planche Progression (altogether 40sec)

Front Lever Progression (altogether 40sec)

Back Lever Progression (altogether 40sec)

Handstand (3 sets of 30 secs)

GTG one arm pushup

GTG pistol squats

GTG pull ups

L-sit (altogether 40sec)

Every Monday and Thursday:

Handstand Wall Runs

Is that too much work at first glance? I am influenced by Pavel's GTG method so I would like to train everyday. However his routine says not to hit the CNS so much. Would this be too much? I am quite conscious of my own body but just want to know if doing it at this load would be counteractive.

Also, about handstands. Am I supposed to arch my body? What is the perfect form? I always see videos of handstands from the front so I can't tell how the body should be. I want to train using perfect form. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Zack

braindx

Of course it is too much.

GTG should only be done with one system at a time.

If you are doing GTG pushups, it is not a good idea to do any pressing movements. Similar with any pulling and extra pulling movements. (Yes, isometrics count).

By all accounts you can make a routine out of what you have there, but it may be better to make A/B workouts. Rather than full body all at once.

If you are starting with a higher conditioned capacity from years of training then it may be possible to do all in one though.

Blairbob

Take off at least 2 days a week. You may do a reduced amount of GTG work that day, which I reccomend is far less than normal. HS work should be ok, but you'll have to determine this by how tired you are.

jyzackoh

Hey guys, thanks for the advice.

I'll be going on with the routine every alternate day. I'll adjust according to how my body feels after a week or two!

=)