Please let me know how to have the video appear here from youtube (in case it doesn't).
I'm not at my regular gym so my feet weren't really sliding. Hence the movement there ![]()
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gamSp86srA&feature=youtu.be
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by geoguy, December 24, 2015 · 13 Replies · 281 Views
Please let me know how to have the video appear here from youtube (in case it doesn't).
I'm not at my regular gym so my feet weren't really sliding. Hence the movement there ![]()
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gamSp86srA&feature=youtu.be
Protraction and posterior pelvic tilt are imperative for correct lean execution. Fix this problem.
the level of lean at 14 seconds is good.
Alessandro Mainente said:Protraction and posterior pelvic tilt are imperative for correct lean execution. Fix this problem.
the level of lean at 14 seconds is good.
I think I get what protraction is, even though my scapula feel like they are always quite extended. Does it have to do with the portion of the back between the two scapula coming up as a round of the back?
Also, I'm not sure what a pelvic tilt is. Does it have to do with making the lower back/lumbar region a bit more round?
geoguy said:
Also, I'm not sure what a pelvic tilt is. Does it have to do with making the lower back/lumbar region a bit more round?
Do you have Handstand 1? Pelvic tilt is covered there.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/22743-what-is-ppt/?hl=%2Bpelvic+%2Btilt#entry201309
Romulo said:Do you have Handstand 1? Pelvic tilt is covered there.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/22743-what-is-ppt/?hl=%2Bpelvic+%2Btilt#entry201309
The link brings me to Tumbling 1, which I don't have. I do however have Handstand 1, if you have a different link.
Is there a good thread with pictures on the protraction part. As I mentioned I feel like my hypermobile shoulders are good at protracting, but do you guys have any idea how I need to increase that? I can get the upper part of my back in between the scapula by rounding my upper back, but then that seems counterproductive to anything I've ever done/learned.
Here is my second stab at the protraction and (assumed) pelvic tilt. Again my feet aren't sliding because of the rug (and now rug burns on my feet!)
Your scapula is not protracted. Lean less if you cant hold protraction at that level of lean.
Bummer. Is my scapula protracted more in this video?
It is a bit less retracted but it still not as it should be and it is still retracted. This is how perfect protraction in planche lean should look like -> http://prntscr.com/9ies1s
Pafke said:It is a bit less retracted but it still not as it should be and it is still retracted. This is how perfect protraction in planche lean should look like -> http://prntscr.com/9ies1s
Thanks for the pic! Different than I had imagined. It is really a curvature of the back. Much moreso than I thought after having looked at the GB training video for this exercise, don't you think?
.