This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

lack of strength

Started by Jaromir Stopka, December 22, 2015 · 29 Replies · 986 Views

Jaromir Stopka
Ravn said:

I don't believe that you should. Weighted dislocates are as much about strength as they are about mobility. Twice a week should be sufficient, as you can easily overdo these and end up injured.

 

I'm also not certain that stopping handstand training is such a good idea. Learning to balance in a straight handstand is completely different from an arched handstand, and mobility alone will not teach you that. It's like learning to walk a slackline by doing leg presses for strength and standing on a BOSU ball for balance. Would they assist you in learning the skill? Yes, probably. Would they actually teach you the skill? Absolutely not.

Hi,Ravn,

ok but doing arched handstand is useless and thats what i can do.unless I go back to previous one which is handstand against the wall i think.I must confess that I dont do waighted mobility yet.I am doing it using wooden stick because my idea was that I reach ROM first and then add some waight.Is it wrong?

Ravn

Not necessarily wrong, but Coach says to use weight, in order to gain from the exercise. 1-3 kgs to begin with, roughly. When you say that you're not using weight does that mean that you have not mastered the first 5 or 6 iM's?

 

If I were you I would go back far enough in H1 that you're sure you're doing mastery properly. Alongside that, I'd play around with re-learning the handstand. To begin with it would be an idea to go belly against the wall and just switch back and forth between arched and stacked handstand, just to learn how the correct muscle activation feels.

 

Arched = You support yourself with upper chest

Stacked = You support yourself with traps

 

Once this is felt, you will find it easier to re-learn your freestanding handstand. Easier, but not easy, however. 

Jaromir Stopka
Ravn said:

Not necessarily wrong, but Coach says to use weight, in order to gain from the exercise. 1-3 kgs to begin with, roughly. When you say that you're not using weight does that mean that you have not mastered the first 5 or 6 iM's?

 

If I were you I would go back far enough in H1 that you're sure you're doing mastery properly. Alongside that, I'd play around with re-learning the handstand. To begin with it would be an idea to go belly against the wall and just switch back and forth between arched and stacked handstand, just to learn how the correct muscle activation feels.

 

Arched = You support yourself with upper chest

Stacked = You support yourself with traps

 

Once this is felt, you will find it easier to re-learn your freestanding handstand. Easier, but not easy, however. 

:)  ok thanks a lot for your advise....i am not happy to go back but it seems like best idea.I mastered previous mobilities but with no waight added

Coach Sommer
Jaromir Stopka said:

... I must confess that I dont do waighted mobility yet.I am doing it using wooden stick because my idea was that I reach ROM first and then add some waight.Is it wrong? ...

Yes, you are completely wrong.

If you are not doing weighted mobility, then as an adult you are wasting your time doing mobility training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaromir Stopka
Coach Sommer said:

Yes, you are completely wrong.

If you are not doing weighted mobility, then as an adult you are wasting your time doing mobility training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

 

        Hi Coach,

        ok so i wasted some time ...lets go back to work.Thank you for right aproach