This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deck Squats

Started by Daniel Fletcher, December 13, 2015 · 2 Replies · 180 Views

Daniel Fletcher

I am having difficulty with my deck squats getting back on my feet to stand up. It is difficult to get my feet under me enough when I roll back forward and just always roll backward again. I do have long  legs and a short torso. Any advice is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Cole Dano

The best solution in the beginning is to do them on an elevated surface of some sort, for example on panel mats.

WrldsGr8testDad

Daniel:

Here is one of many threads in the forum about deck squats, with some more specific details along the lines of Cole Dano's advice:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/18499-slspe1-alternative/

 

The quick version:  stand on the floor, roll back onto an elevated surface (I used 3 gymnastic mats in the beginning, then 2, then 1, etc.).  As your mobility improves, make the elevated surface lower.  This process might take several months (for me, 6 months).

 

for some people, poor ankle mobility is apparently the sticking point;  for others, it's hip/hamstring mobility. 

 

If you search for "deck squats" in the search box, you'll find a bunch of other threads on this topic.

Good luck,

Craig