This video is my final set of seated russian twists and hip circles for week 11 (mastery).
Is my form acceptable for mastery of this element?
Any comments appreciated
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Robert D, December 11, 2015 · 7 Replies · 98 Views
This video is my final set of seated russian twists and hip circles for week 11 (mastery).
Is my form acceptable for mastery of this element?
Any comments appreciated
I'm not 100% sure so please wait for an expert, but I THINK there's good news and bad news...
good news is form looks good... bad news is I'm pretty sure you only did 30 total and the way I understand it
it's 30 each side which is a total of 60, otherwise how do we explain weeks 8 & 12 that are odd numbers.
On a side not I really wish it was specified as 30 each side like SOME of other exercises are eg SL/PE2 & SL/PE3.
I have seen a mastery test before and a TOTAL of 60 was done.
It's 30 total.
Henry Skinner said:It's 30 total.
OK I'm very happy with that. It's a bit silly having an odd number though don't you think, ie weeks 8 & 12.
also as I mentioned before I did see a post for a form check for week 11 and the person did 60 total.
Zach Armijo said:FAQs solve wonders:
How do the repetition counts in the Integrated Mobility elements work?
For single-limbed elements, eg) RC/PE1>iM, complete the repetition or time count on each side.
For elements which alternate directions, eg) RC/PE4>iM, count each side as a rep. (unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM). That is, left + right = two reps.
For other elements, complete a single set as instructed.
I alternate starting on the right then the left to even out the total rep count.
Henry looks like you're correct... thankfully lol in post #12 & #13 in this link
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19395-slpe1-changed/?hl=%2Bseated+%2Brussian+%2Btwist
I've been punishing myself haha, currently doing week 10 on SL/PE1, I'm very happy to be incorrect.
Sorry Robert to congest your post mate, but at least I've learnt something and it may help others too.
Thanks for your feedback,
I am going to take a no news is good news approach and am going move onto the next progression...
Any further comments on this being acceptable for mastery or on form still appreciated
Form is good ![]()