Movement One pretty cool. Probably going to buy that too. Geez, coach. Between 3 stretch series, 4 foundational's, 3 handstand's, climbing, weights, hockey, and god knows what else I do, damn I wish I had more days and never got sore or needed recovery. Lol
Movement One Series
Started by Cory Fair, December 2, 2015 · 71 Replies · 23,344 Views
Cory Fair said:Floor, wall and a mat to soften the faceplants.
Man, you weren't kidding. Any suggestions of where to buy affordable mats? Since, I don't assume everyone's bought Tumbling One, I'll be ambiguous in this regard. T5.1 was a disaster for my neck, lol which also means I need to ascribe to the second focus point for that element for the time being (sigh). Anyways, the first go-round was fun. T3.1, 3.2, and T4.1, 4.2, were surprisingly easy -- made some advancement in the first attempt. Looking forward to eventual transition into a ninja (via T2.6, T8.2, and T8.3)
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:Man, you weren't kidding. Any suggestions of where to buy affordable mats? T5.1 was a disaster for my neck, lol, which also means I need to ascribe to the second focus point for that element for the time being (sigh). Since, I don't assume everyone's bought Tumbling One, I'll be ambiguous in those statements. Anyways, the first go-round was fun. T3.1, 3.2, and T4.1, 4.2, were surprisingly easy -- made some advancement in the first attempt. Looking forward to eventual transition into a ninja (via T2.6, T8.2, and T8.3)
My pops got me a bonded foam 4x8 last xmas from Orbring.com $129 + free shiping. Seems to be a good price for quality based on a brief Amazon search. If you shop around, be careful to get one big enough (4' x 8') and thick enough for an adult.
You're killing me, BTW! I can't afford to buy T1 right this instant and I don't want to wait until xmas again!
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:Man, you weren't kidding. Any suggestions of where to buy affordable mats? Since, I don't assume everyone's bought Tumbling One, I'll be ambiguous in this regard. T5.1 was a disaster for my neck, lol which also means I need to ascribe to the second focus point for that element for the time being (sigh). Anyways, the first go-round was fun. T3.1, 3.2, and T4.1, 4.2, were surprisingly easy -- made some advancement in the first attempt. Looking forward to eventual transition into a ninja (via T2.6, T8.2, and T8.3)
Daniel,
how much time does a Tumbling One workout takes and can it get done in a 6'x8' space?
Thanks!
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:Man, you weren't kidding. Any suggestions of where to buy affordable mats?
I'm a huge fan of the zebra roll up mats. 5'x10', sturdy but soft enough, and they roll up to put away a bit more easily. Their softer folding mats are good too.
http://zebraathletics.com/product/mma-personal-mats/zebra-home-roll-out-mats/
Giovanni, it took me 35 minutes to go through the diagnostic warmup as well as testing for mastery on elements 2, 3, 4, 5 (which I'm not ready for), and 7. The diagnostic warmup will require the most space and the other elements could be in a 6'x8' space, yes.
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:Giovanni, it took me 35 minutes to go through the diagnostic warmup as well as testing for mastery on elements 2, 3, 4, 5 (which I'm not ready for), and 7. The diagnostic warmup will require the most space and the other elements could be in a 6'x8' space, yes.
Thanks Daniel
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:Giovanni, it took me 35 minutes to go through the diagnostic warmup as well as testing for mastery on elements 2, 3, 4, 5 (which I'm not ready for), and 7. The diagnostic warmup will require the most space and the other elements could be in a 6'x8' space, yes.
How did it take you 35 mintues for the diagnostic warmup??
I did each exercise from six exercises for 15m ''walk'', and it took me about 6 mintues.. what did you do there?
;
I did my first workout in approx 35 mins... if I'm honest my pace dropped notably after about 20,
I will work on bringing that up s'more.
Could it be feasible to do this once a week immediately after a F-workout?
Ravn said:Could it be feasible to do this once a week immediately after a F-workout?
My preference is for T1 to be done on Saturdays.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Itamar sha said:How did it take you 35 mintues for the diagnostic warmup??
I did each exercise from six exercises for 15m ''walk'', and it took me about 6 mintues.. what did you do there?
;
You misread me. It took me 35 minutes to do the whole workout. Go back and read what I wrote. I said to do the diagnostic workout, as well as test for mastery on four elements. The diagnostic warmup took me about 7 minutes. The other elements took me longer.
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:You misread me. It took me 35 minutes to do the whole workout. Go back and read what I wrote. I said to do the diagnostic workout, as well as test for mastery on four elements. The diagnostic warmup took me about 7 minutes. The other elements took me longer.
Oh sorry.. Will read the post twice next time
Well, if you DID do the diagnostic for 35min straight, I'd say you passed it!
Sensei JP said:Well, if you DID do the diagnostic for 35min straight, I'd say you passed it!
"I dunno man, there were no rep/set prereqs, so I just kept going!"
I don't have T1 yet (getting it next month) so forgive my ignorance.
Could this "diagnostic warmup" be used as a general warm up prior to our foundation work or is it designed specifically for the movement series?
Coach Sommer said:My preference is for T1 to be done on Saturdays.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hmm. On Saturday I already run a GST group session + bouldering.
Currently I have the following schedule - Block 1 & block 2 + H1, H2 switches between even and uneven weeks:
Monday: F1 block 1
Tuesday: Bouldering + instructing junior climbers
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: F1 block 2 + H1, H2
Friday: Rest
Saturday: GST group session F1 block 1 + Bouldering
Sunday: Rest
I could put T1 on Friday or Sunday, but would prefer to put it on Tuesday or Saturday as I'm already in a gym facility on those days.
Oh man. I'll probably pick this up next week. A bit worried about the cartwheel bit (just saw Cory's email). I might be kicking some chandeliers down ![]()
HTomas said:I don't have T1 yet (getting it next month) so forgive my ignorance.
Could this "diagnostic warmup" be used as a general warm up prior to our foundation work or is it designed specifically for the movement series?
Yup, it's also great for warmup F1 to get the blood going.
Is it advisable to start Tumbling 1 along with F1/H1 or is it better to progress some way into F1 first?
I believe it is to be immediately worked alongside Foundation, Handstand 1/2, and the Stretch Courses.
You can start now.