Eager to learn

Started by Modest Beginner, December 2, 2015 · 2 Replies · 50,688 Views

Modest Beginner

Dear gymnasts,

 

I am doing calisthenics for about 1,5 year now. Did things like pull ups, push ups, L-sit, Chin ups, Skin the cat, Front support lean etc. 

I  train everyday for about an hour. 

 

My primary goal was to do the planche for 5 seconds. Right now my goal is to become more dedicated, more focussed, and more skilled in what i do.

 

I am seventeen years old and never been in a gym. I only train at home but i have a great pull up bar in my backyard an some push up grips, rings, chalk, everything i need. 

 

Hope i can learn things that help my journey. 

 

 

gettingstarted

I compliment you on your dedication and discipline, especially at age 17.  Keep up the great work!  I can say from experience starting young, at anything fitness related, gives you an incredible advantage as you get older (as long as you train smart and you protect yourself from injury).  GB.com has created an incredible format that focuses on proper technique and functional movement to build an exceptional physique.   - And you never have to go to a gym to get amazing results!  As a certified personal trainer, I can honestly tell you, you have definitely come to the right place.  I just wish it had been around when I was 17!

Modest Beginner
gettingstarted said:

I compliment you on your dedication and discipline, especially at age 17.  Keep up the great work!  At 39, I can say from experience starting young, at anything fitness related, gives you an incredible advantage as you get older (as long as you train smart and you protect yourself from injury).  GB.com has created an incredible format that focuses on proper technique and functional movement to build an exceptional physique.   - And you never have to go to a gym to get amazing results!  As a certified personal trainer, I can honestly tell you, you have definitely come to the right place.  I just wish it had been around when I was 17!

Thanks, and what you say is exactly the reason why i start immediately serious. First of all because i like to train, and second because i know that i will have profit of the work later in my life. 

I am glad that i've found this forum, because it's about the same thing i am passionate about. 

You are 39? that's not super young but you can get great results too i guess. 

I  have to add that my goal is not to reach a certain fysique but master my body strength, become stronger than i can think of. Do the things i call 'impossible'. You can do that at 39 too, but i understand the benefit of starting early. And i first thought that i started too late because i know people who started at six.