Getting re-started

Started by piecomics, December 1, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,214 Views

piecomics

Hi all,

Just a note to say, I had gone through about half of F1 maybe 4 yrs ago before family stuff/lack of motivation took hold.

I committed to starting up again December 1, spent the last 3 months working on diet and lost 30 lbs, and I'm finally ready to get started!

I have been a big advocate for the Gymnastic Bodies work in my job as a Physical Therapist and an adjunct faculty in orthopedics, I think outside of feldenkrais work it is the best work for body awareness I've seen, and for body control it IS the best.

Looking forward to starting from scratch!

Cole Dano

Welcome back!

Ryan Bailey
piecomics said:

Hi all,

Just a note to say, I had gone through about half of F1 maybe 4 yrs ago before family stuff/lack of motivation took hold.

I committed to starting up again December 1, spent the last 3 months working on diet and lost 30 lbs, and I'm finally ready to get started!

I have been a big advocate for the Gymnastic Bodies work in my job as a Physical Therapist and an adjunct faculty in orthopedics, I think outside of feldenkrais work it is the best work for body awareness I've seen, and for body control it IS the best.

Looking forward to starting from scratch!

Great to see another physical therapist doing GymnasticBodies. I have benefited from GB throughout the past year and have found the curriculum to challenge the norms tought when I was in physical therapy school. Looking forward to hearing from you on the forum.

Best of luck!

Ryan

Coach Sommer
piecomics said:

Hi all,

Just a note to say, I had gone through about half of F1 maybe 4 yrs ago before family stuff/lack of motivation took hold.

I committed to starting up again December 1, spent the last 3 months working on diet and lost 30 lbs, and I'm finally ready to get started!

I have been a big advocate for the Gymnastic Bodies work in my job as a Physical Therapist and an adjunct faculty in orthopedics, I think outside of feldenkrais work it is the best work for body awareness I've seen, and for body control it IS the best.

Looking forward to starting from scratch!

Congratulations on the 30lb weight loss. Nice demonstration of commitment and perseverance.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

crashnburn

I've had quite a few accidents & injuries and life stuff come in the way.. so welcome back.. even if you fall of the horse, get back on :)

piecomics said:

Hi all,

Just a note to say, I had gone through about half of F1 maybe 4 yrs ago before family stuff/lack of motivation took hold.

I committed to starting up again December 1, spent the last 3 months working on diet and lost 30 lbs, and I'm finally ready to get started!

I have been a big advocate for the Gymnastic Bodies work in my job as a Physical Therapist and an adjunct faculty in orthopedics, I think outside of feldenkrais work it is the best work for body awareness I've seen, and for body control it IS the best.

Looking forward to starting from scratch!

Thanks for that insight. GB/ GST is brilliant. Thanks to Coach as always. 

 

Ryan Bailey said:

Great to see another physical therapist doing GymnasticBodies. I have benefited from GB throughout the past year and have found the curriculum to challenge the norms tought when I was in physical therapy school. Looking forward to hearing from you on the forum.
Best of luck!
Ryan

 

RB & Piecomics - I had quite a few accidents - Rib fracture & Meniscus damage during Ski camp on Himalayas and a few others when going through BtGB 1, 2, 3. 

 

I was advised on the forums to connect with PTs, but in my interactions with Surgeons & PTs their knowledge & approach did not seem complete, especially when wanting to get back to working out with GB exercises. An example here: 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/20164-how-gb-is-helping-me-with-chronic-knee-pain-thank-you-gb/

 

So, it would be great to have you guys on forum to help merge & bridge those gaps with Coach & your PT knowledge & experience. 

Coach Sommer said:

Congratulations on the 30lb weight loss. Nice demonstration of commitment and perseverance.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

I have been slow on my F1 progression due to some weight {adds unnecessary load} and injuries, would love to hear your insights on that 30 lbs you lost.

I was fairly regular with my meditation & yoga practices but I'd love to lost some poundage :)