This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1+iM

Started by Ian Gibson, November 30, 2015 · 4 Replies · 135 Views

Ian Gibson
Hey, guys. This is my first form check here. I've started back from the beginning on this progression because I didn't realize how important it is to squeeze the glutes for PE2, and mine currently can't do anything near 5x60s. This is Week 3 (3x24s). I accidentally cut the last rep 4s short. I welcome any comments. Please pardon my spooky skeleton body. That's just always how my ribs have been.

 


 

My thoughts:

 

PE:

I move a lot more than I thought and breathe a lot louder than I thought. I want to work on toning those down. I may need to hold my shoulders higher.

 

iM:

The bottom position doesn't look like it feels. Should I be retracting? I am and I feel like my scapulae are hiding the curvature of my spine.

Ian Gibson

Uh oh. Looks like I've got a lot of work coming my way! Thanks for the tips and resources, guys.

Ian Gibson

I've been working with the progressions from Alessandro's videos and I believe I'm actually using proper form now. This was is definitely a lot more challenging than what I was doing, but it feels more correct.

 

I uploaded only the first set because the rest of this video is not too pretty. I still have a long way to go in terms of volume.

 

Giovanni Garcea

Bump because I'm interested too. I've been trying to nail proper form on this myself, so I'm very curious to what GB coaches have to say. My understanding is that the low back has to touch the floor, while you are basically balancing on the glutes.