I read Coach's post about how we should do the required number of "good" PUs then move on rather than obsessing with perfection on them. This raises the question how good is good enough? What do you think about these ones? Either way, I welcome comments on my form.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE2
Started by Shellberight, November 28, 2015 · 9 Replies · 220 Views
Protract more on top of pushup, elbows closer to body and more ppt is needed.
elbows closed in, then i would pass it.
you move backwards as you push up. i would correct this so you move straight up and down. it makes a huge difference later on
ausswe said:you move backwards as you push up. i would correct this so you move straight up and down. it makes a huge difference later on
If you want to have 90 degree elbow then you have to shift forward a bit :/
Hi all
I was careless with my elbows flairing out but that's an easy fix. Apparently there is no consensus on the rest yet so hopefully more people will weigh in.
5th set. I think my form has improved but is it mastery level?
Wait for a coach but I'd say you've got it.
p.s. why do you make your video's from so far away? It's hard to see what's going on.
Cheers guys. Looking forward to getting bogged down with PPPs after I've improved my Xiaopeng Forwards (one arm doesn't have a circular trajectory yet).
Is it a good idea to move on to PPPs while still working on planche leans (sPE 5)? Both exercises would fall on the same day and it's something I'd like to avoid. I'd rather master the leans before starting PPP.
Ryan, you're right, I'll try to move the camera closer. For me it's not an issue because I use a smartphone and I can easily zoom in but Youtube doesn't have that option.
Zach has recommended that we train both, but PPPs before planche leans. Here's a link to Zach's earlier post, which is one of the most informative on the topic: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/20478-hbppe3-ppp-form-check/?p=188323