This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBPPE3 PPP form check

Started by Steve Goldberg, May 8, 2015 · 12 Replies · 491 Views

Steve Goldberg
Two sets of PPPs from yesterday.

 


 

Too piked? Not staying hollow well enough? Not leaning enough? Any other tips on these? What about doing these and planche leans in the same workout -- better to do the PPPs first?

Alessandro Mainente

lift your head, you are reducing the rom. be sire to reach the same protraction in a planche leans.

Steve Goldberg

I've been feeling frustrated with these, but maybe this shows some slight improvement -- what do you think?

 

 

Is there something I'm just not getting about this movement? Kind of hard for me to understand that this comes three steps before P-bar dips.

Steve Goldberg

Progress, I think. Any feedback on these? Sets 3 and 4 from today:

 

Sean Hunter

You're losing PPT and protraction. Also, your forearms need to be angled forward, as opposed to straight, at the bottom of the movement.

 

This is something I see alot of people doing.

Steve Goldberg
Sean Hunter said:

You're losing PPT and protraction. Also, your forearms need to be angled forward, as opposed to straight, at the bottom of the movement.

 

This is something I see alot of people doing.

Are you referring to PPT and protraction at the top, bottom, or both?

 

When you say forearms need to be angled forward at the bottom, does that just mean more forward lean in general?

Edoardo Cagnola

Wow that was a very useful post, thanks Zach! Next F7 workout I'll definitely work on my PPP before my leans and see how it goes :)

Edoardo Cagnola

Does this all "dynamic strength exercises first" thing apply also to manna PEs and early FL PEs? The way I see it is that they both utilize the core but one in a dinamic fashion and the other one, up to HBH, in a static fashion (correct me if I'm wrong)

Chris Garay

Zach, what you're saying is that sometimes we have think critically for ourselves to figure exactly what works and doesn't work? Damn... I want my money back!  ;)

 

Super informative post on the Pseudo Planche Pushup by the way, thanks for that!

Steve Goldberg

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on improving the movement quality.

 

Is there any additional work I might do besides the regular foundation training that would help bring this up? If not I guess I might try and do many sets of few, high-quality reps.

 

Also, am I an outlier in thinking that 5x10 PPPs is much more difficult than 5x5 dips?

Awesssss

I think it's dangerours to think for yourself around here. Us beginners don't have the brachialis strength to think for ourselves, we should just shut up and do our tuck ups.

Steve Goldberg

I did notice the ROM requirement for the dips. Dip mastery still seems trivial compared to PPPs. Just trying to get my head around the program structure still.

Steve Goldberg

The last couple of workouts I've tried to do lots of sets with few reps. I think I achieved better lean at the bottom, but I still don't think I'm maintaining a good hollow and protracted position throughout the ROM. I'm still a little uncertain about how the back should look at the middle and bottom of the ROM, though.

 

 

I guess I'll try to spend more time on leans.