This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 - A lesson in humility

Started by Adriano, November 25, 2015 · 2 Replies · 356 Views

Adriano

Some time ago I posted a lengthy post about achieving a Straddle Up that you can read here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21758-a-little-thing-called-dedication/

 

Yes, it is a testimony of an individual dedicated to do whatever it takes to achieve his goal. But all that self-righteous, holier-than-thou braggadocio aside, I was humiliated not a week ago when I decided to do some Straddle and V ups and tape them for fun. (When I filmed my Straddle Up "mastery" a couple of months ago, I did it from kind of above and not so much at the side angle, so they looked OK :icon_rolleyes: )

 

Yes, my GBrethren, I stay ashamed, stripped of my honor and with my foot very, very deep inside my mouth before you. As you can see here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/22512-mnpe2-and-mnpe3-same-issue-on-both-excercises/, I am nowhere near the mastery. Oh well...

 

Which brings me to the point of this (I hope not so) lengthy post - what about the dedication I bragged so shamelessly in the first post and the impact of this newfound state of my Straddle Up on my training? Well, nothing. The world goes on no matter how pathetic my Manna progression is. And that's the whole point. So I'm back on week 1 of MN/PE2 as of today and I was about to test my mastery for MN/PE3 not a week ago. Big deal. What's a couple of months compared to a life long benefit?

 

I got feedback on my original post, but I cannot help to feel it kinda missed the point. It wasn't about "I got my Straddle Up!" or "How did you do it?" or "GZ, but I'm still fighting with it." No. It was about a mindset, about sheer power of will and about DEDICATION to be the best version of self you can be.

 

I see Straddle Up is a common sticking point around here. Good. It forces you to face your limitations, be shoved into dust by them and work your way up from that sorry pile of mud into a true Titan. And that's the point all of you, gentlemen, who bitch about not being able to conquer Straddle Ups or Push Ups for a year or two, should pay attention to. You have an oportunity. But you want the solution for your problem to be handled to you not in a silver spoon, but a golden one. No matter how many rep/set schemes and volume fluctuations you try, if you don't have the mentality to be a Titan, you will never be one. Get your head straight and the body will follow.

 

 

 

 

PS I still got the girl, in case you're wondering.

 

PPS What happened to the phrase "my foot in my mouth"? I remember it being quite popular back in the day.

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I can relate! I just recently went back to HBP/PE1 after struggling with PE2 since Sept 2014. I thought just for fun I'd test mastery on PE1, and I wasn't even close (I never tested mastery in the first place because I thought PE1 was so "easy").

 

So that was humbling! And also refreshing to start anew, to be honest.

 

It's encouraging to me as well that lots of other guys have been stuck on MN/PE2 as well. I've been on this one since Sept 2014, and still working away.

 

Just got to keep going!

 

Thanks for your post.

 

Cam

Adriano

Thank you, Cam, for reading it.