This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 and MN/PE3 same issue on both excercises

Started by Adriano, November 22, 2015 · 6 Replies · 235 Views

Adriano

 

I am well aware this is contrary to the sub-forum rules, but I have same issue with both variations and that's the sit up part. I feel I am not pulling my chest high enough and I compensate that with pushing my upper torso way too forward. I feel like my spine shouldn't be all that rounded at the top of the movement. Thoughts?

vannybute

Try pulling more slowly and doing holds of 30-60 seconds at the top position, as well as more straddle and pike stretching.

Keilani Gutierrez

think folding at the hip, in place of sitting up. closing the hip angle can be pretty tough if your glute, hamstring and adductor mobility isnt upto par. invest in stretching these areas and it'll make things better as the mobility improves

Murray Truelove

Looks like you're rounding the back instead of compressing (hinging at the hips), how's your passive flexibility?

Adriano

Thanks for suggestions guys.

 

@Murray

 

50 kg Jefferson curls wrist to toes, head to knees in standing pike. Other than that, I haven't done much else, since I was living under the impression I'm doing fine.

Adriano

Thanks Murray. Will try.