chin bar No Rings!!

Started by johnboy25, September 25, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,656 Views

johnboy25

Hey everyone I'm brand new to this forum, I do most my bodyweight and gymnast training at work and due to logistical problems at moment I can't have rings at work. So all my pull training is on a bar, I was wondering if anyone has some training regimes for on a bar????

Thanks

Maya

I'm no expert but it seems to me you can still do the f. static positions. Back levers and front levers can still be done on the pull up bar (although not as demanding as they'd be on rings). Planches and handstands can be done on the floor. Maybe find a place to do dips or use a couple chairs. Plus floor space to work legs / jumping. Should be able to do a pretty good workout.

Not sure what the situation at work is but if you bought rings can you attach them to the pullup bar? They won't be as high as you'd like but you should be able to make due.

johnboy25

Hey Maya

I actually work in a Prison as Phys ed instructor!! Security issues with rings!!!!

Yeh I do the Front lever work, I am planning on hitting the back lever stuff too soon!! What sort rep range you doing your training in.....as I have just bought the GYmnastBodies book. In there it sa\ys 3-5 reps and 3 sets each exercise. seems very little. Wonder what results people are getting from this Ie strength and muscle mass!!!

John

Blairbob

Pullups, LegLifts, skin the cats/360pulls in tuck (maybe pike if you have a super compressed pike).

3-5 sets of 3-5 works since a 5rm is roughly 80% intensity and a 3rm is roughly 90% intensity. It's more strength and power rep ranges than working hypertrophy. Feel free to work some 6-10rep exercises if you want to get some hypertrophy in after the main sets.