Where to start? - not quite beginner

Started by Mathew, November 23, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,221 Views

Mathew

Hi all,

 

I've been loitering for quiet a while and after exploring quiet a few options (ido portal, real movement project, local gymnastics club) I have decided to take the plunge into online training (due to no local affiliate) with GB! 

 

After reading a great deal of the forum posts i understand i would be best placed to start my journey with GB at the start - ie Foundations 1 and Handstand 1.

 

I just wanted to check that this is the appropriate starting point with the community though - i have an inconsistent 30 sec freestand handstand, 5 x 1 min hollow body hold, 5 x 3 strict ring mu, 30 sec l sit on the ground, chest to floor straddle stretch, 10 x 10 sec tuck  f lever and 10 x 10 sec tuck planche. 

 

I also have slightly pikes shoulders in my handstand and thoracic mobility restrictions. 

 

So is it best to start from the start or is F1 and H1 very basic?

 

Thanks for any advice!

 

Cheers
Mat

 

 

 

Cole Dano

Everyone should start from the beginning, there are many elements just in F1 that wind up becoming part of your ongoing routine.

 

You can maintain your current strength elements just by doing a set or two after the Foundations workout.

Osiris Flores

Hello Cole. What exactly do you mean by "current strength elements"? you recommend he can continue doing a set or 2 after the foundations workout but I don't see where he mentioned any program/workout routine he's following. Please advise.

Thanks so much.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

The OP says he can do a hollow body hold, front lever and muscle up. Cole is talking about that stuff.