IcedDante said:That's after two weeks of H2 training? Amazing! BTW: I hate you and no one likes you.
I'll go and eat some worms.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ravn, November 17, 2015 · 30 Replies · 1,255 Views
IcedDante said:That's after two weeks of H2 training? Amazing! BTW: I hate you and no one likes you.
I'll go and eat some worms.
Seriously though, if I remember correctly I think you were struggling with compression movements last year. Was it HLL negatives and straddle V-Ups? To see this now is really remarkable
That's correct. I'm on to L to V HLL, AND THEY'RE DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. Its like starting over again. It's good to have mastered HLL though, that was a real milestone.
There's a big difference between passive and active flexibility, I've learned... I can do inverted stall bar hangs with three rungs between hands and feet, torso and legs folded completely together, but definitely still struggle with the active strength to lift my legs into the desired position in the SL and MN progressions.
Totally agree with HLL as a milestone. When I first got to them, the ones to horizontal felt easy, but I could even to a negative without a friend pushing my legs all the way up. And within a few weeks/months they have become very doable.
Have you seen and experimented with this:
http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/20817-senior-gb-student-shares-his-morning-routine-video/ ?
It's really helped my HLLs (just going as far as I could through it, even if form is/was not perfect) including the L to V version...
And I'm just sitting here, m... at the gym, struggling with my tuckups... ![]()
Seriously, I'm strangely excited to work on HLL one day. And if it's just for the sake of being the only one at my gym who is able to do them correctly ![]()
Getting better.
Still too much planching, but that probably won't go away until I get my pancake.