Jefferson Curl Form Check

Started by Kuboy, November 6, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,072 Views

Kuboy

Hey,

 

So in my jefferson curl sessions I work my way up to 60kg (see video). I currently weigh 71kg.

 

But I find that my left forearm/grip gives out before my lower back does if the set lasts a long time. Hence, I like to sort of 'burst' up from the bottom of the curl...

 

I'm worried that I am therefore rushing the curls (plus, there's a slight swing of the bar on each rep)... Should I lower the weight and do the curls slower or just keep hitting the 60kg until my grip strength catches up?

 

This isn't to say that I'm not seeing any results - I've been very satisfied with the progress I've made in my pike flexibility and overall core strength.

 

Any advice would be appreciated!

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWhUwQAlzw

prozach

Kinda cut off most of your body in the video

Rayne-William

Regarding weight increments, add more weight after spending at least twelve weeks with a particular amount of weight. The point behind this training mindset is to allow our connective tissue to develop, rather than just muscle tissue.

 

In turn, stronger connective tissue means more physical strength with less muscle mass.

 

Just in case you don't already know: Tendons connects muscle to bone. Ligaments connect bone to bone.  When you have the chance become familiar with the following website. Exercise Prescription exrx.net

korija

if you're using 90% of you bodyweight i think that your formcheck is a little late

Kuboy
korija said:

if you're using 90% of you bodyweight i think that your formcheck is a little late

Hmm yes that is true. I'll drop the weight for a while! I was rushing ahead, not allowing my connective tissue to develop.