make a workout roadmap with GB course

Started by jerry54, November 5, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,942 Views

jerry54

I am a beginner, and had been asked by my doctor to workout as I was overweight (this happened around 2 months back) and to start reducing weight , else heart and other problems would like show up. I started going for walks and started incorporating jogging around a week back (I usually go for walks thrice a week).

 

My neighbor had bought the foundation series and had suggested me to try it on.  I was looking through the courses and have liked it very much. I have a doubt. Suppose if a person starts with a fullcourse ie. F1, H1, H2 and stretch course, how would one incorporate them together in a week. I also don't want to ignore my stamina, hence I would be slowly increasing my jogging part.

 

I know doing all this sounds too much, but I have already lost 25 years(my age  :P ) and would like to utilize the best of time and my body limits. 

 

For better analysis, I am 25 years old , and my weight is 175lb. (lost 4 lb in 2 months  :D ) . My height is 5'7". 

 

This is my first post and I hope this doubt doesn't go too much out of bounds of this community.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

You're  5' 7" and 175lbs? You're not much overweight, bruv.

But in answer to your question, start simple. Do Foundations Monday, Wednesday, Friday, breaking it up between 4 exercises one workout and the remaining 3 exercises the next workout; Handstands (1 and 2) Tuesday and Thursday; do one of the three stretch courses any of those five days after your Foundation or Handstand routine. You could alternate stretch series one day and jogging the next (so, Stretch series Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and jogging Tuesday/Thursday, for example). I hope that helps. 

Mercurium

That is not very overweight.

 

I'd recommend performing the Foundation 4 days a week, and Handstand courses 2 days a week. Stretching should be fairly frequent, and you can jog almost every day  :P At your height, with enough work, you can master movements like the planche and front lever quite easily, given the time. Welcome.