This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 +iM Form Checks

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, October 21, 2015 · 14 Replies · 314 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi there,

 

Any comments on my form, tempo please?

 

 

 

Thank you :)

chuchodani

PE: Looks good, at the bottom your scaps should be depressed they look kind of elevated. Try to point your elbow pit forward.

 

iM: Remember that your focus should be in the rotation of the shoulder and not in rotating your torso. When doing it with your right arm it looked like you rotate your torso too much in comparison with your left.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you for a quick response :)

 

Scapula thing is bothering me a bit. I've got to learn it properly so I will post an update every once in a while.

 

About the iM: I am aware of its mechanics and do my best to rotate only shoulder :)

 

What weight is mastery standard for Xiaopengs? I am now doing them with 6.5 lbs but it is way too much for me because it drains my shoulders energy and strength very very rapidly, I think I'd better do them with the least mastery weight allowed to save energy for push ups and build it up to 10-12 kg afterwards. :)

Alessandro Mainente

PE is fine, consider that due to the starting position, the hips should reach the floor before shoulders.

IM has a good range of motion, for long therms goal I suggest you to reach 8-10 kg.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

PE is fine, consider that due to the starting position, the hips should reach the floor before shoulders.

IM has a good range of motion, for long therms goal I suggest you to reach 8-10 kg.

When I posted a pushups form check and my scapula was elevated at the bottom you noted that.

I'm quite sure that Vytautas's scapula is elevated too.. what do you think?

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you both!

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Itamar sha said:

When I posted a pushups form check and my scapula was elevated at the bottom you noted that.

I'm quite sure that Vytautas's scapula is elevated too.. what do you think?

As I mentioned, I feel it elevating at the bottom which was tricky in the beginning so yes, I am working on this ;) The last time I did them they seemed to be better, I will see where I'll get to after a few weeks :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

What do you think about my form now?

3rd and 4rth set of 12 recorded here. I noticed my tempo has slowed down in the last set, I am a bit nervous to start 4x15 next week B-)

 

 

Thank you

Itamar sha'ashuaS

From what I see, you are sagging on the way down and elevating your shoulders in the bottom instead of depressing them. Also slow down the movement a bit.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thanks for your input, Itamar.

I am uncertain about the scapula. I just let it do what it naturally does. I can assure that I certainly do not elevate it but neither do I depress it :)

Was it supposed to be depressed? I remember Zach or Alex saying to let it do its thing naturally but definitely not elevated. I will upload a video of me doing elevation and depression in the bottom position :)

wamarler

Your form & tempo look good to me. I see what others are talking about how it looks like your shoulders are elevating during the motion, but at the top you look protracted & depressed, and I think that's where it matters. 

 

Good luck with the 4x15 and 5x15!

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you for all of your replies. Will keep moving on until I trully master this one.

 

See you in PE3 :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

A quick question.

This week I'm doing 5x15.

Today was okay, to my surprise I didn't fall down on my face :D

However, I struggle to complete last 3 - 5 reps of 4th and 6 reps of the 5th set. By that I mean that I must stay in the top position to take a few deep breaths after each rep when I'm getting close to the end of the set. How should I go about this in the next micro-cycle? My most common approach in this case is to repeat 11th week until I have it because I have a fear of losing it if I choose to repeat it from week 9 :D

Thank you a lot.

Iguanus

As you further refine it, try to keep forearms static and perpendicular to the floor at all times. Shoulder depression (down away from ears) will be easier by then.

Good work and good luck