This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about SL/PE14 & SL/PE14-iM

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, October 21, 2015 · 0 Replies · 66 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I've been working on SL/PE14 for a couple of weeks.

I have a few questions about the strenght and mobility elements.

 

1. If I grab a stick at shoulder width + 1 hand, just like it was suggested by Zach here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19249-sl-pe1-abh-form-check/?p=178323

I see that my ROM increases a bit.

Since I would like to improve ROM as well as strenght endurance, I was thinking to use this tip during the SL/PE14 work instead of practicing with no stick, just like the video demonstration shows. Is it a good idea? Or is it better to use the stick only as a supplementary work at lower sec/sets (in the days off, for example), and continue to work mainly on the canonic form?

 

2. Just after done the first set of iM I feel my shoulders get tired. In the previous mobility elements there were only 5 reps, in this element 10 reps (each side), and I feel the difference! So it is very difficult to keep arms raised up, and maintain the same shoulder flexion ROM in the next sets, because of accumulated fatigue on the iM. Actually I can barely perform 5 sets of iM with 1 kg. I wonder if this is quite normal! could be a possible solution to perform fewer reps X set, and then to add gradually the reps? Also, Is there a minimal requirement about the weight, considering that my BW is 53 kg? Actually I feel the stretch even with only 1 kg.

 

Thanks to all, Guys!