Foundation...Tell Me More

Started by 347mont, October 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,122 Views

347mont

Hello one and all :D. I'm interested in begining Foundations 1 as this is the start of the program as I

 

understand it, correct me if I'm wrong. First let me tell you where I'm at. This year I wanted to start getting

 

back into some type of fittness regime but concluded going to the gym or likes wasn't going to last as

 

I am time poor, being a single fellow working full time, doing shift work with 2 dogs and a house to keep

 

then feeding myself life is pretty hectic. So by chance I discovered bodyweight training and since the

 

begining of the year I have been doing my calisthenic exersises and am really enjoying it. My first resourse

 

was a phone app "You Are Your Own Gym" then I bought an e-book " Get Started With Calisthenics" and I

 

also purchased another hard copy book " Complete Calisthenics" All these resourses have been very 

 

helpful and opened my eyes to how many variations and progressions there are and your body is all you

 

really need to have the physic of a Greek god lol. However what I am finding is my workouts are a bit of a

 

mish-mash, I don't really know if I'm doing too many or not enough set/reps of an exersise or if  I should

 

do more exersise for any given body part so I find  my self mixing it up quite a bit. At first I was training the

 

WHOLE body with the progression I was at for THAT particular exersise eg (chest dimond pushups) all in one

 

session but of late I have been doing 5 or 6 exersises for say 2 body parts then something different the

 

next day eg pullups , chinups and squats then the next day planche leans L sits dips etc.So what I'm after is

 

more structure to my exersise regime, in other words a real program to follow. My big question is does

 

Gymnastic Bodies undertake the training like this. As I mentioned the resourses I have, including good old

 

YouTube have all been great but I feel a set program would be better for me as then I know I'm approaching

 

my workouts correctly. Many many thanks for any help I may receive and I'll tell you more about myself

 

later. Oh and sorry for the long 1st post, I'm not usualy a long poster.

Giyom

Hi 347mont,

 

Welcome!

I'm new to GST myself, having bought Foundation and Handstand 1 just about a month ago.

 

From what you say, it sounds like GST is perfect for you.

The course is extremely well thought of with a long term perspective and noticeable short term benefits right away.

It's well structured and very clear on how to start and progress through building elements in a well balanced way. You will know exactly how much to train on particular exercises (and which ones) and how to move on as you go. Both strength and mobility are taken into consideration to evaluate your readiness with each element.

 

I recommend getting the Handstand 1 along with Foundation 1. Handstand 1 includes thorough wrist preparation work which you cannot start early enough as it's often one of the first weaknesses showing up in bodyweight exercise. Also, the inverted work of Handstand 1 leaves your body and mind energized throughout the day. Just finished my handstand training for today as I'm writing this, the effect is very noticeable..

347mont

Hi Giyorn and thanks for the reply. Yes I might just get H1 aswell because when I do my handstand holds I do indeed get sore wrists,

 

nothing major but could definately do with some more flexibility.  May I ask the community how does the program come, is it an e-book

 

or a program found on this site. I really enjoy calisthenics but as mentioned in my 1st ever post here I need a program that I can follow

 

and progress when I know I have met the required aptitude in a particular move. A program where it's set out day 1 do this, day 2 that, day 3 rest

 

etc, you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to hearing from other members. At the start of the year I could barely do 4 chinups and could

 

manage about 2 pullups haha, on a good day I can now do 10 chinups and 7 or 8 pullups, but I think the way I'm training has made me reach

 

a plataue so I'm very keen to learn more about the structure of the foundations program. Many thanks guys.

Romulo

347mont (couldn´t you find a user name easier to type ;) ), the courses should be perfect for you and Foundation is part of a great curriculum that develops the whole body in several aspects (strength, flexibility, mobility, etc.). 

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12862-the-gymnasticbodies-roadmap-and-curriculum/

 

The course is available online, it´s not something you can download and there are pictures, videos and text to guide you, besides the help and form checks that you can get in the forum.