Novice questions, injury, posture, Strength F1 H1

Started by danrobsonmcc, October 17, 2015 · 5 Replies · 2,572 Views

danrobsonmcc

I am new to this forum. Considering buying F1 and h1.

I am a high level kayaker with some injuries/imbalances built up over the last 20 years.

Shoulder impingements

Stiff thoracic spine

Forward head posture

Loss of int rotation of the shoulder

Will the beginner courses fix those problems or Will i need to Address them first/concurrently.

How long does it take to complete an average session? (Not an issue, just curious)

I would have very un-even attributes starting this program, e.g i can do a weighted chin up with +40kg added but cannot do pushups without pain.

How do you find which progression to begin with and how quickly should you progress through them. (If i can do progression1 easily do i have to wait untill next time i train it or try the harder variation immediately.

I understand that the time Connective tissue takes to adapt is the main factor but im curious how long it took people to notice the benefits of starting the Training? Particularly in reguards to posture/Strength/body composition

Thank you

Cole Dano

I've had kayakers and cross country skiers as students with a similar set of imbalances as yourself and they've all been very happy with the program since it directly addresses these issues in a step by step manner.

 

Finding the correct starting level is throughly covered in the course and it's very easy to gauge. 

 

Time is 20-60 minutes depending on your workout template. 

 

Many people notice the benefits of the method immediately, though it obviously takes time for lasting change, niggling aches and pains often feel better right away. 

Ryan Bailey
danrobsonmcc said:

I am new to this forum. Considering buying F1 and h1.

I am a high level kayaker with some injuries/imbalances built up over the last 20 years.

Shoulder impingements

Stiff thoracic spine

Forward head posture

Loss of int rotation of the shoulder

Will the beginner courses fix those problems or Will i need to Address them first/concurrently.

How long does it take to complete an average session? (Not an issue, just curious)

I would have very un-even attributes starting this program, e.g i can do a weighted chin up with +40kg added but cannot do pushups without pain.

How do you find which progression to begin with and how quickly should you progress through them. (If i can do progression1 easily do i have to wait untill next time i train it or try the harder variation immediately.

I understand that the time Connective tissue takes to adapt is the main factor but im curious how long it took people to notice the benefits of starting the Training? Particularly in reguards to posture/Strength/body composition

Thank you

 

 

 

Body Composition: 30 days

Strength: 90 days

 

Dynamic Postural changes: 180 days

crashnburn
Ryan Bailey said:

Body Composition: 30 days

Strength: 90 days

 

Dynamic Postural changes: 180 days

Body Comp changes in 30 days? How would one check for that..? What would be a good way to assess/ measure BC changes and tune diet intake/ workout intensity & volume accordingly? 

Ryan Bailey
crashnburn said:

Body Comp changes in 30 days? How would one check for that..? What would be a good way to assess/ measure BC changes and tune diet intake/ workout intensity & volume accordingly? 

 

Measures of body comp?

"Selfie" seems to be the latest Gold Standard ;)

Wes Tan

Welcome Dan,

 

F1 & HS1 will reveal to you the true extent of any imbalances you may have on a global level. I mean; between the right and left sides of your body, front and back, legs and torso etc. Do not try to fix the issues you have before starting, F1 & HS1 have the potential to greatly help, it depends on how patient you are at working the mobility elements and resisting the temptation to push ahead (before you are truly ready).

 

If for instance you can master the incline pushups on your first attempt, I would stick with these if you have shoulder pain whilst performing them. I would stick with these for at least 2 months, they are a great way to work pressing strength whilst minimising the stresses on the glenohumeral joint (site of impingement) whilst your mobility from HS1 and other F1 elements slowly work change in other areas that will be contributing to your shoulder issues, forward head posture, rotation issues.

 

It's very important that you do not think of your issues separately, as If they are somehow disconnected occurrences. They are all connected and will be influencing one another! This is why F1 & HS1 can be so effective, everything will be worked on simultaneously and this is exactly the approach needed for change. I am an osteopath and I teach GST for this reason, well that and I love it as well!

 

Best wishes,

 

Wesley